Gray Whales Tour
Fun Baja offers you the 2-day, 1-night Mini Safari tour, where seeing the silhouette of a whale in the glow of the sunset is an experience that will leave you breathless.
During the tour, you will enjoy an incomparable spectacle of gray whales swimming in their natural habitat. You will see these majestic creatures approach the boat, allowing you to have a close and personal experience with them.
In addition, our tour also offers you the opportunity to relax in a comfortable and cozy cabin in López Mateos and enjoy a delicious dinner at a local restaurant experiencing the food of Baja California Sur.
The tour includes:
Transportation with a tour guide
Snack in the vehicle.
- 06:00 am – Departure from the hotel (juice during the drive)
- 09:00 am – Breakfast in Cd. Constitución.
- 11:00 am – Boarding on the boat for 2 hours of whale watching
- 01:00 pm – Return to port and enjoy lunch at a local restaurant.
- 02:00 pm – Check-in at Lopez Mateos Cabins and rest for two hours.
- 04:00 pm – Afternoon boat ride for one hour to the sand dunes.
- 05:00 pm – Return to port and shower.
- 06:00-08:00 pm – Dinner at a nice local restaurant. Stay at the cabin.
- 08:00 am – Breakfast at a nice local restaurant.
- 09:30 am – Boarding on the boat for 3 hours of whale watching.
- 12:30 pm – Return to the port and check out of the cabins.
- 01:00 pm – Lunch at a nice local seafood restaurant.
- 02:30 pm – Departure towards La Paz.
- 05:30 pm – Arrival in La Paz and transfer to the hotel.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is recommended during February, which is when a greater number of whales with their calves have been observed.
Of course, you can see and even touch the whales and their calves, since the boats used are small, which allows them to approach them without disturbing them and give you a great experience.
Yes, it is safe, as the tour operators comply with all safety regulations, and you will be accompanied by an expert guide in whale watching.
In addition to the gray whale, you can observe a variety of seabirds that fly over the sand dunes and mangroves found in the bay.